Good evening, Yesterday we returned to our base camp after
a four-day leisure in Deboche. During these days, weather was hard here;
heavy snowfalls had covered our camp with a thick snow blanket. Mount is
booming: there are hurricanes above 6500 m. Nevertheless, we got an
optimistic forecast so we are up for a next push to summit. On the 29th of
October we are to ascend up to 6200 m, then to 6900 m and, if everything
will go fine, on the 31st –1st we’ll try to climb Nuptse East summit.
We’ve recovered, our spirits are high and we are looking
forward to climb it. Americans have finished their expedition. On the 25th
they were in Deboche, on the 26th in Namche Bazaar and it seems that now they
are in Katmandu already. They are nice guys, it’s a pity they had ill luck.
There will be no connection with us during our summit bid, but we promise to
call you as soon as we are back in a base camp. We hope for victory. Our
kindest regards to those who think and pray for us, Valera and Yura. Nuptse
base camp, 28.10.2003”
BASK Company is the general sponsor of expedition.
Sponsors: Beal, Canon, Simond, Boreal,