Alpine Mountaineering Everest Expedition
details are as follows:
1. Willie Benegas - USA (Leader)
2. Sandy Allan - UK (Deputy Leader)
3. Robert Geier - Australia
4. Mike Johnston - UK
5. Mike Richardson - USA
6. Jim Sparks - USA
Benegas helps bring Babu down the mountain.
5/23/2001: Here are the details of our summiters:
1. Guillermo Benegas
2. James Sparks
3. Alexander Allan
4. Pemba Gyaljen Sherpa
5. Pemba Rinji Sherpa (A)
6. Pemba Rinji Sherpa (B)
7. Phenden Sherpa
All reached the summit at 7.18am on May 23
Another three members & four Sherpas of 2001Alpine
Mountaineering Mount Everest Expedition successful to climb
the Summit of 8,848 m World's highest peak Mount Sagarmatha
from South East Ridge on 23rd May 2001 at 7:18 a.m.
Mr. Guillermo Benegas (1968), Mountain Guide, California, USA.
2) Mr. James Sparks (1946), from Colorado, USA.
3) Mr. Alexander R. Allan (1956), Mountain Guide from
4) Mr. Pemba Rinzi Sherpa (30), HAS, from Jubing-1,
Kharikhola, Solukhumbu, Nepal.
5) Mr. Phunden Sherpa (26), HAS, from Waku-4, Sirbuche-Solukhumbu,
6) Mr. Pemba Gylzen Sherpa (27), HAS, from Jubing-8, Pangbhim,
7) Mr. Pemba Rinzi Sherpa (25), HAS, from Jubing-1, Lenzi
It has been reported that they started from camp IV on 22nd
May at 9:30 pm for the summit. This seven-member Expedition
team was permitted to climb Mt. Sagarmatha from South East
Ridge under the leadership of Mr. Guillermo Benegas from USA
during the Spring season of 2001. Himalaya Center Kathmandu
News and Expedition Coverage and Notes