NEWSFLASH: 2h50 -
Base Camp (5,400m) 18h00 (Brazil)
On this day of the
summit attack, we agreed to have contact between Base Camp and Camp
4 at the top of every even hour. We had normal periodical contacts
during all day until yesterday at 22h00.
In that contact, the Brazilian team was waiting
for the decision of the Japanese team to leave, but they had doubts
about the summit attack because of the strong winds blowing on Camp
Until now, we haven't had contact with
the team in Camp 4. We are not worried because Waldemar and Irivan
are in excellent physical conditions and they hadn't left for the
summit attack, because it
was not safe to do it with the strong
winds of 60 Km/h. We'll update you after the next
Keep supporting the Brazilian team....
57th day of the Brazilian Expedition to the Top of the World.
Camp 4 (8,000m) - EVEREST (8,848m) Towards the Top of the World.
The day cleared with us having no contact via radio, with the
equipment that was in the South Col. All night long, with our base
radio on all time, we tried several contacts, but we didn't get any
We went then to the Japanese Base Camp for some information and
the answer was that yesterday, the Japanese team did not go to the
summit because of the strong winds. So the information is not
Here at Base we don't have accurate information, we can not state
that our team is now going towards the summit or if they stayed at
miss the last several dispatches ?? If so see below....