Click here for Team's
Introduction
Dispatches
Team
Itinerary
Route

Dhaulagiri Expedition 2002

Saturday Night CST- April 27, 2002 Ben Clark phone call to Lindsay Rinehart: Ben called last night from Camp Two, where he has been stranded for a few days.  A blizzard hit and left the group with a fresh three feet of snow and unable to move up or down.  Now, even though the storm is a mere memory, the expedition has the wait for the snow to blow off or fall off the mountain to make it safe for the group to move back to basecamp to resupply.  Ben says they are out of food and short of power for phones. 

Click here for
Home
Daily News
Dispatches
Team
Facts & History
Maps
Route
Itinerary
Gallery
Dhaulagiri
Buy Gear
Buy Books

Lhawang, the head of Nomad Expeditions, commented that if the group hasn't summited by May 15th, they will turn around and head home.  Monsoon season comes at the end of May or early June and since Dhaulagiri is western Nepal, it has a chance for an earlier onset.  

It sounds as though the whole expedition is playing it safe, but still looking for a success.  Keep praying for  a safe return. Lindsay

Dispatches