Gile American Ski Everest 2003
Dispatch 18 Continued: American Ski Everest Expedition...
The is Mike, with an update on the
situation. It looks like the other expeditions has
just collapsed [in-audible] ... with everyone headed
down. We was able to get an update weather forecast
from our source before they left... and this storm is
expected not to be over until Wednesday or Thursday.
We have managed to keep our base
camp intact but it has been around the clock battle.
But we are getting hammered and exhausted. Our mess
tent is on it's last leg and probably will not make
the night. Our personal tents are in great shapes. We
are going to stay the night.
We are going to head out of here
tomorrow morning. Asian trekking has a new mess tent
down there waiting on us. We will have to yak that up
when the weather improves.
We are hammered and getting slammed
up here. I think we are the only other non-Sherpas at
ABC. I can't be certain of that. We are ready to get
the heck out of here.
It would be one thing if we could
just hang around until then, but it is just too hard.
It is NOT a life threatening situation [communications