The Following 3 members & 4 Sherpas of "Everest 2003
Expedition" team have been successful to climb the summit of 8848m. high
Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) on 22 May. 2003 at 7.20 AM. It is also reported that
they had started for the summit from camp five at 03:15 AM.
Name of the Summiteers
1. Ms. Alexia Zuberer (31yrs), Ski Instructor from Rue
des Gravelles, Courchevel, France.
2. Mr. Sebastien Figlioni (34 yrs.) Mountain Guide from
Rue Des Gravelles, Courchevel, France.
3. Mr. Francois Pallandre (37 yrs.) Mountain Guide from
Clos Des Rouges Du dolent Chamonix, France.
4. Mr. Ang Norbu Sherpa (36 Yrs), HAS, Shifal-7,
5. Mr. Thile Norbu Sherpa (28 Yrs), - Chaurikharka - 3,
6. Mr. Mingma Wangdi Sherpa, Makalu VDC, Sankhuwasabha,
7. Mr. Nawang Robsang Sherpa , Thame, Namche VDC,
The 12 members " Everest 2003 Expedition" team was permitted
to climb 8848 Meter high Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) from South East Ridge for
the period of Seventy five days from 29 March 2003 under the leadership of Mr.
Bernard De Launoit (39 yrs), Producer from Avenue Des Eglantiers, Brussels-
Early report: Franco Belgian team
This morning, Mau 22nd, 3 members of "Everest 2003" French and Belgian
expedition (1 woman and 2 men) have reached the summit from the south side, at
7.20 AM local time with 4 Sherpas from our expedition. The names of the
Summiters are Alexia Zuberer, Sebastien Figliolini, and François Pallandre. I
The conditions were very difficult with winds from 60 to 80km/h. They have
now returned safely for a deserved rest at camp 2. They reached the summit
closely following 2 members of the indo-Nepalese army expedition. Chris