Autumn Everest 2001: Hungarian Everest - Lhotse Expedition (2001) 

Our decision is final. Without the peak, but we would like to travel home with our skins intact. It is six days still until the arrival of the porters, whereas for the attainment of the top and a safe descent would take a minimum of nine days. The weather is uncertain - in no way is the forecast calming down. Up there, in ABC live Konyi, Zoli, Akos and Mr Equipment. Already today the disassembling of our gear is on course, and will take a couple more days. Miklos and Andras are packing - tomorrow they start for Kharta. (David)

<<<< Dispatches >>>>

Background of the Expedition

Send Mail to everestnews2004@adelphia.net.   Copyrightę1998,1999,2000,2001. EverestNews.com  All rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, Visitor Agreement, Legal Notes. Read it.