Today is a nice and sunny day without
wind. The classic summit day....
Unfortunately nobody climbed K2 since 2
years and the weather forecast for the next days give us few possibilities. We
get 3 different forecasts from Spain and Austria (Innsbruck) and all reports
said that from 3rd August since 6th there will be clouds, local snowfall and
strong wind. There is still danger of avalanche over camp 3 and tomorrow I
will go to C2 and C3 to take all my equipment. I cannot stay in BC over 9th
August because I have to come back to Islamabad and than to Italy for the 15th
Only if I will find
safe condition tomorrow I will try to go higher.... but I donít trust to have
so big luck....
Ciao Simone Moro
K2 Photo Source Simone Moro