Dispatch 7 Everest Base Camp May 3, 2003
weather report tells us that there is a window of good weather coming, that
will start on May 8th. Today it was supposed to be our plan to wake up
and head up to C2, to start preparing ourselves. But this morning, we
woke up to another storm that has come in, and there was no way we could go up
with such high winds. We have been here in BC for so many days now! It
is going to be another day of trying to get by without being too bored-
eating, movie watching, and looking forward to the end of the day.
Edurne and I decided to
walk to the old Everest BC. We found some awesome pieces of old gear, and
some, who knows how old they are. We found ice screws from the 60's, and a can
of Japanese sardines from 1982.
Everyone on the mountain
it seems, is just sitting at BC, and waiting for the storm to pass. As for
now, Willie and I are thinking of trying to go to C2 again tomorrow, and then
just staying there until good weather comes and permits us to make our summit