Home
   Today's News
   8000 Meters Facts
  
Banners Ads
   Bookstore
   Classified Ads
   Climb for Peace
  
Contact
   E-mail (Free)
  
Educational
  
Expeditions
  
Facts
  
Forum
  
Games
  
Gear
  
History
  
Interviews
  
Mailing List

   News (current)
   News Archives
   Sat Phones
   Search
   Seven Summits
   Snowboard
   Speakers
   Students
   Readers Guide
   Risks
   Visitor Agreement
 

 


  


Everest North Side Expedition
St. Petersburg Everest - 2003 Jubilee Expedition


Dispatch 15: May 10, Marina Ershova: I am calling from ABC, 6400 m. Yesterday Oleg Nasedkin and me came to ABC from BC, tomorrow we will go up to Camp 1 on the North Col and then will try to reach Camp 2 on 7800 m. The other our members - Totmyanin, Gaidamak, Belous, Dulskiy, Moshnikov and Masterson - started one day earlier. This night they spent on the North Col and now they are trying to reach Camp 2 on 7800 m. They say that our tents on the North Col are in good enough order after the storm and they hope that our tent on 7800 was not blown away. Our tents here in ABC were not destroyed too much by the storm. Now the weather is better but it is difficult to say that will be tomorrow. After our third acclimatization climb and during the hurricane a half of our team spend several days at Zashixong - the village that is about 60 km from Base Camp. The wind there was not so strong and it was good for rest and recuperation. So now we are in good physical conditions and all will depend on the weather.

May 11, Marina Ershova: Yesterday Nikolay Totmyanin, Vladimir Gaidamak and Anatoly Moshnikov reached Camp 2 on 7800 m, despite very strong wind could reinstall our tent and spent a night there. Right now they are going down to ABC. Vladimir Belous and Andrey Dulskiy reached 7800 too but they could not find good enough place for the second tent and very strong wind forced them to go down. Tom Masterson could reach a destroyed camp on 7500 m and spent a night in the broken tent there. Now they all plan go down to BC for rest and preparing for the summit bid. Oleg Nasedkin and me decided to spend one more day at ABC because of very strong wind. We plan to go up tomorrow if the weather is a little better.

Dispatches

 





  Altitude pre-
  
pre-acclimatization
  
Backcountry Gear
  
Backpacks
  
Bags& Luggage
  
Bindings
  
Boot & Fabric Care
  
Cameras

  
Camp Furniture
  
Camping Accessories
  
Car Racks
  
Carabiners
  
Cards
  
Child Carriers
  
Climbing Bags
  
Compasses
  
Cooking Supplies
  
Cycling Components
  
Cycling Repair
  
Dry Bags
  
Dry Boxes
  
Electronics
  
First Aid
  
Fishing Accessories
  
Fleece
  
Float Tubes
  
Fly Boxes
  
Fly Line
  
Fly Rods
  
Fly Tying
  
Fly Vests & Packs
  
Food
  
Footwear
  
Gaiters
  
Gifts & Games
  
Gloves & Mittens
  
Goggles
  
Harnesses
  
Hats
  
Helmets
  
Hydration Packs
  
Indoor Climbing Gear
  
Infant Apparel
  
Jackets
  
Kayaks
  
Kid's Cycling Gear
  
Kid's Paddling Gear
  
Knives & Tools
  
Leaders & Tippets
  
Lifejackets/ PFDs
  
Lights
  
Locks
  
Long Underwear
  
Maps
  
Messenger & Bike
  
Mountaineering Gear
  
Neckwear
  
Neoprene
  
Nets
  
Paddles & Oars
  
Paddlewear
  
Pants
  
Pet Gear
  
Poles
  
Pontoons
  
Prints & Posters
  
Rafts
  
Reels & Spools
  
Rescue Gear
  
Rock Climbing Gear
  
Rod & Reel Kits
  
Rod Tubes & Bags
  
Ropes
  
Shell Outerwear
  
Shirts
  
Shorts
  
Showers & Toilets
  
Skates & Scooters
  
Ski & Board Repair
  
Skirts & Dresses
  
Skis
  
Sleds and Tubes
  
Sleeping Bags
  
Snowboards
  
Snowshoes
  
Socks
  
Sprayskirts
  
Stoves
  
Strollers
  
Sunglasses
  
Sunscreen
  
Sweaters
  
Swimming
  
Tents
  
Travel Accessories

  
Underwear
  
Vests
  
Videos
  
Waders
  
Watches & Clocks
  
Water Bottles
  
Water Filtration
 


Send email to web@everestnews2004.com   •   Copyright© 1998-2003 EverestNews.com
All rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, Visitor Agreement, Legal Notes: Read it.